What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Easter? Is it the bunnies, the colourful eggs (picture above), the egg hunts, the cross or the resurrection of Christ?
Easter Sunday or what I call Resurrection Sunday is the celebration of Jesus Christ resurrecting on the third day after he was crucified.
Resurrection Sunday symbolises five things:
- The fulfilled prophecy – Isaiah 53
- Jesus’ victory over death
- A confirmation on all Jesus preached and taught
- Jesus’ Promises – Eternal Life
- God’s unconditional love – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
As you celebrate this Easter, remember Jesus is the reason for this season. And to be honest, he is the reason all day, every day! Let this Easter bring hope to our broken world and remind each and every one of us, God’s unconditional love.
At Hyphen London, we hope you have a great Easter and bank holiday.
Ibby & Ola
FOUNDERS, HYPHEN LONDON